Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Led Zeppelin Stage Reunion Gig: Today's Cartoon

The reaction to Led Zeppelin's reunion 27 years after the band split up, makes me wonder which of today's "popular" artists would be as celebrated in as many years... My guess would be Led Zeppelin :)

Now, I'm not saying that all of today's music is terrible; but I'm pretty sure that in the 1970's there weren't that many people under 30 who were so dissatisfied with the music scene, they wished for popular bands from the 40's to comeback and help improve the situation. Come to think of it, I wonder if any of them are around today... at least they play their own instruments.

If Led Zeppelin does decide to remain together and go on tour, I hope the band saves the 30 year-old nostalgia for the stage and not the hotel rooms and underage groupies; who knows, one of them might be a grandchild.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home