Friday, December 07, 2007

The John Darwin Disappearance: Today's Cartoon

Okay, stop me if you've heard this one before... An amnesiac canoeist walks into a police station and throws his hands in the air. "I give up!" he tells the officer on duty. "What did you do?" he asks in return. "...I looked everywhere, but I still can't find my f*cking canoe!" :P

Personally, I don't know what's worse, perishing in a canoe accident... or merely pretending to. I mean, sure people have lost their lives in canoes before and the bodies were never recovered; but "Deliverance" was a movie, and the only reason why it happened was because hillbilly's were shooting at them... not because they were "sinking" in debt.

You know, for all the effort that John Darwin made to stage a convincing canoe accident to fake his own demise and disappear for five years, one might think that he would have been a bit more creative in his explanation upon his return. Look, if it's really that easy to fool British authorities then why didn't he just pretend to have amnesia in the first place and then tell all the bill collectors phoning his house that they've got the wrong number?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home