Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Italian Police Shooting Sparks Riots: Today's Cartoon

While Italian authorities insist that the shooting of an unarmed soccer fan during a scuffle between rival club supporters was "accidental", the use of live ammunition to disperse the crowd apparently wasn't.

Now, I'm not saying that police shouldn't take appropriate measures to ensure public safety; but the way I see it, if the situation requires the use of bullets and the risk of inciting widespread riots across the country, then what's the harm in just letting these hooligans beat the tar out of each other? (at least, to the REST of the community)

To me, the idea of getting so worked up over a sport's franchise that I would be willing to slug it out with like-minded fanatics in a gas station parking lot for the imaginary "honor" of my team, is about as noble a cause as eating too many bean burritos; then again, the Leafs haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1967... which now that I think about it, may have been a good thing.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home