Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tuberculosis Scare on Airline: Today's Cartoon

The only thing that makes a dangerous strain of tuberculosis more difficult to treat is when the patient is actively trying to avoid being put into quarantine, by hopscotching aircraft across Europe and into Canada, while potentially exposing everyone around him in the process.

Now I don't know about you, but it seems to me that if airport security insists on using "profiling" in this so-called "post 9/11" world, then instead of just focusing on every brown-skin person, they may want to pay a little more attention on the individuals with "green-skin" who are trying to sneak onto the planes.

Yet, as frightening as this potential health crisis has been presented by the media, I can't help but think that if an American citizen is going to fall ill under their current medical system, federal isolation is probably the closest thing to "Universal Health Care" they can experience... just as long as they can recover enough to enjoy the benefits.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger fred said...

I have to say that when I think rationally about the situation, we're really only talking about 1 person with TB. There was a very good video (here's the link http://www.thenewsroom.com/categories/Health?c=201910, in which the Dean of the UCLA School of Public Health mentions that 9 million people are still infected with TB each year and that over 1 million die.

Having said that though, I think if I were a passenger sitting next to this guy, I'd be pretty upset!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home