Thursday, January 25, 2007

Today's Cartoon: Israel President Moshe Katsav Steps Down Over Sex Scandal

You know, I used to think it would be quite difficult for somebody to lose a "ceremonial position" in government... but I guess I was wrong. I mean, I always thought that people were given these posts to keep them out of trouble, not to start it.

Now the way I see it, if the job doesn't carry any real significance or require any real ability, then the only real "task" for the individual is basically to not lose their job; say by forcing oneself upon female employees.

Of course, the accusations made against Israeli President Moshe Katsav are mere allegations (for the moment); and while people should always be treated as innocent until proven guilty, it's probably not the best idea for someone to declare them self innocent of one crime, by threatening to commit another. If indeed a "world war" does erupt in the name of Mr. Katsav's reputation, my only hope is that it's nuclear all the way; so no one would be forced to try and explain it to future generations ;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home