Friday, December 29, 2006

Today's Cartoon: Cloned Meat Determined Safe to Eat

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean, if people already eat "Twinkies" and "Cheez Whiz", then honestly, what harm could a little cloned meat do to them? In any case, it certainly couldn't be any worse than what "Taco Bell" already does with the regular stuff ;)

Me, I'd eat cloned meat. Heck, it would be nice to know that the food I was eating was cloned; just so I could have the satisfaction of knowing where it's been. Look, at least laboratories are sterilized; now, you can't say that about other "kitchens" ;) The way I see it, clone meat is like eating leftovers, except it's freshly made every time.

So, now that scientists are able to reproduce livestock in their labs, perhaps they could begin working on method to extract the meat from the animals, without actually harming them. I mean, if they can already grow a human ear on the back of a mouse, then why not a chicken nugget? Or, how about instead of slaughtering a cow, scientists give it a second set of udders for dispensing ground beef. Oh sure, it may sound gross; but then again, so does most of our other methods of producing food. The only exception will be that when a restaurant advertises that it has the "best hamburger in town", it's probably because they've been re-using the same cloned cow over and over again ;)

Well, this is it; my last cartoon of 2006. My first full year of "Beyond the Punchline" is now complete! I want to thank everyone again for taking the time to stop by throughout the year to check out my cartoons and for sharing them in your blogs. Doing a daily current-events based web comic has been an enjoyable experience for me and I can only hope that the sentiment has been the same for you. There have been lots of “news” stories that I've tried to cover during the course of 2006; some have been more serious than others, while others have definitely been less substantial than most. It is my hope now that through the archives, people can begin to look back on the year that was and perhaps get a better sense of the kind of history that is being made for future generations to laugh at.

I hope that you all have a safe and happy New Year. And I hope to see you back here, bright and early in 2007 :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home