Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Today's Cartoon: Google Buys YouTube

Well, it looks like "LonelyGirl15" and "Mr. Pregnant" are now the official property of Google; and at a price tag of around $1.65 billion, let me just say that I never knew that my animations were worth so much ;)

Analysts have predicted that Google's purchase of YouTube will encourage individuals to pursue legal action over the unauthorized use of their material on the site; however, it seems to me that the distribution deals that it has signed with companies as Warner Records and CBS television means that the company will have plenty of cash on hand to ensure that these cases remained tied up in the courts for an extremely long time.

The way I see it, this merger is a good thing for me as a "freelance artist". You see, now that Google has purchased both Blogger and YouTube, I can tell potential clients (as well as women in bars) that my work has helped companies earn billions of dollars... and not be lying! Seriously, who wouldn't want someone like that working for them? ;)

While the "benefits" for freelance artists are excellent, I must admit that as an "employee" of Google, I'm rather disappointed that we are not provided with any sort of dental or retirement plan to go with all the hard work that we do for them. I mean, it's not as though the company can't afford it at this point ;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home