Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Today's Cartoon: Reuters News Agency Accused of Using Doctored Photos

What a relief! For a minute there I thought there was REALLY a war going on in Lebanon; but it turns out that the WHOLE thing was just some elaborate hoax, created in "Photoshop"... Whew! ;)

The "deliberate manipulation" of images by Adnan Hajj, a freelance photographer working for the Reuters news agency, while shocking and appalling to those who expect "accuracy" from their "news", is actually a huge boost for me as a "cartoonist" because it means that my work can now officially be referred to as "photographs" too!

But the BEST part about it is that I can now begin to refer to myself as a "freelance photographer", which let's face it, sounds a heck of a lot sexier than "cartoonist", despite the fact that we usually do our work in our underwear :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home