Thursday, July 27, 2006

Today's Cartoon: Former "N Sync" Singer Lance Bass Announces He Is Gay

Lance who?... Oh yeah, the member of "NSync" Will Sasso used to impersonate on "MadTV" back in the late 90's. To be honest, I've never really listened to "NSync" (on purpose), but my guess is that Lance Bass wasn't the "baritone" of the group; that is if they even had a baritone. Or was THAT the reason they were called a "boy band"? ;)

I don't know why this is being treated as such a big deal by the media. After all, everyone knows that the original "boy band" wasn't the "New Kids on the Block"... it was the "Village People". In fact, if you go back and check the footage; pay close attention to an audience during an "NSync" concert and you'll be shocked to discover that the screaming you hear is not from the 13 year old girls, but 40 year old men in attendance. :)

Perhaps it is just my bigoted naivety, but I always just assumed that "boy bands" were gay ("not that there's anything wrong with that") mainly because their fan base consisted primarily of little girls and older gay men. So for me, the news that Lance Bass is a homosexual is about as shocking as George W. Bush announcing the Iraq had no WMDs.

You know, I'd be more surprised if the other members of "NSync" were to go to "People Magazine" to announce that they were straight. Yes, that includes Justin Timberlake; who I know only because he is currently porkin' the lovely Cameron Diaz.

...He's only fooling himself :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home