Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Today's Cartoon: George W. Bush at Coretta Scott King's Funeral


It must have been REALLY awkward for the President of the United States to walk into that church, knowing that 1) nobody there had signed any "loyalty oaths" and 2) despite his poor overall approval rating, his approval among African Americans is somewhere around 2%! I'm sure he was told ahead of time to keep it short, sit as close to Bill Clinton as you can and DO NOT mention a thing about "Hurricane Katrina".

As I watched some of the service on the "news" today I remember during the performance of the "Lord's Prayer" the singer kept repeating the verse " And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil." and then they panned the camera over to Bill Clinton and it appeared as though he was staring directly at George W. Bush. Now, I'm probably reading too much into that, but the visual was still quite amusing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bindairdundat said...

Hi--I was browsing around and I enjoy your work a lot. I do similar stuff too (political rants in verse/poetic form). Anyone reading this should definitely feel free to check out my site and give input. Thanks!

http://www.satire101.blogspot.com/

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home