Friday, January 20, 2006

Today's Cartoon: Osama Bin Laden's Latest Audio Tape

I always wonder how the United States is able to authenticate these tapes so that not only do they know if it's REALLY Osama Bin Laden, but also when the tapes were actually made.

They never say how they do it, but I have an idea...

Whenever I hear that Osama Bin Laden has released a new audio tape, my first thoughts immediately go back to when I was a kid and I made "mixed" music tapes. Over time as my taste in music changed, so did the songs I listened to: "MC Hammer" was replaced with "Vanilla Ice" which was then replaced by "Right Said Fred" which was finally replaced with "David Hasselhoff"... where it's remained unchanged ever since :)

Perhaps Al Qaeda is using "mixed" tapes to send out their messages; and the way the United States verifies it's actually Bin Laden, is by waiting until after the message to hear what song it was taped over. Not only could they determine that it's really him, by the kind of music he listens to but also when the tape was made by what was popular at the time. For example, if the tape ends with the latest by "Nickelback" or "Beyonce", you'd know for certain that this was a recent message; but if the tape ended with something old like Aqua's "Barbie Girl", then you'd have to assume he's either dead... or at least in a LOT of pain.

3 Comments:

Blogger #1 Web Design & Get Results said...

Need A Great Web Site Kevin, Great post on Today's Cartoon: Osama Bin Laden's Latest Audio Tape!, I have great site to offer the best prices on web design and get great results professional web design, maybe give us a call at 404-303-7350

10:50 AM  
Blogger #1 Web Design & Get Results said...

Need A Great Web Site Kevin, Great post on Today's Cartoon: Osama Bin Laden's Latest Audio Tape!, I have great site to offer the best prices on web design and get great results boston, maybe give us a call at 404-303-7350

2:26 PM  
Blogger Stuart Robertson said...

I always thought he looked like he was doing Karaoke into that Mic on the videos.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home